Check in is at 4pm
Check out 11 am
Responsible guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the Guest party and anyone else Responsible Guest permits on the property to abide by the rules at all times.
1. Limit of 4 people per cabin unless pre-approved by management. A fee of $25.00 per-person per-night will be charged if more than four guest are in cabin..
2.Cabins are non-smoking. Smoking is limited to outside areas. Guest shall refrain from littering. Guest agree to properly extinguish all smoking materials. A minimum charge of $500. will be charged if smoking is detected in the cabin.
3.Quiet times are from 10:00 pm to 8:00 am. Guest will not create excessive noise levels that disturbs neighboring cabins.
4.Housekeeping: While linens and bath towels are provided, there's no daily housekeeping service. Please do not remove towels or linens from the cabins. We suggest you bring a beach towel with you. Please put trash in trash can. Dirty dishes should be loaded in dishwasher. Responsible Guest assumes full responsibility for damages and /or missing item(s) replacement to cabin. An inventory of the cabin is taken prior to check in and after check out. If the premises appears dirty or damaged upon check, Guest must inform management immediately.
5.Parking is limited to two vehicles.
6.The fireplace is vented propane gas. Do not tamper with the fireplace. Fireplaces are turned on/off from the switch on side of mantel. Fire place is not operational between May 1st through October 1st.
7.DO NOT flush anything but toilet paper. NO feminine products! If it's found that items where flushed that clogs the system a charge of $300.00 will be assessed
8. The is NO LIFEGUARD on duty. Fishing is allowed along the banks of the lake as well as the boats, please abide by our catch and release policy. Kayaks and boats are available for our guest enjoyment on a first come basis. All guest are required to wear life jackets. Life jackets are available with the boats. ALL CHILDREN must be accompanied by an adult.
9. ACCESS: Responsible Guest shall allow Management access to the cabin for purpose of repair and inspection. Management shall exercise this right in a reasonable manner.
10. Acknowledgement of risks: I acknowledge that the outdoor, mountain and camping activities and exposure to the natural elements can be dangerous and sometimes result in injury or death. This includes, but not limited to any and all contact with wildlife, vegetation,bodies of water, and the conditions and topography of the land. I accept and assume all the risk of injury, including death to me and any loss to my party whether such injury, death, or loss is foreseeable or unforeseeable and assume all responsibility for the safety of minor children in the Guest party.
11.Applicable Law: This rental agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without regard to any laws that might be applicable under principles between the parties regarding this agreement shall lie in the state courts in Nelson County, Virginia.
12. The hiking and lake are located on a farm. WARNING: Under Virginia law, there is no liability for an injury to or death of a participant in a agritourism activity conducted at this agritourism property. Inherent risk of agritourism activities include,among others, risk of injury inherent to land, equipment and animals as well as the potential for you to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to your injury or death. You are assuming the risk of participating in this agritourism activity.
13. CANCELLATION-Deposits WILL NOT be refunded if cancellation occurs 30 days or less prior to the check in date. If cancelled more than 30 days prior to the check in date the deposit WILL BE refunded minus a $25.00 administrative fee.
14. The Homestead is NOT a pet friendly cabin. If we find that dogs have been in the cabin there will be a minimum charge of $150. cleaning fee
HOT TUB (The Lake House Cabin )
Please review the hot tub rules and SAFETY warnings posted at the hot tub
Above and beyond what is posted please be aware of the following rules
1.Hot tub is locked and a key is required for use. Local ordinances require that the cover be replaced and securely strapped and locked when ever not in use.
2.Do not go into the cabin wet
3.Do not use any oils or add anything to the hot tub. Do not go into the hot tub with sandy feet or sandy swim suit. Please rinse off before entering. If any oils or SAND are found in the tub a cleaning fee of $200. will be charged to the credit card we have on file.
4.Only Guest staying in this cabin are allowed to use it.
5.Hot tub towels are in the armoire in the bedroom. Hot tub towels are NOT FOR beach use.
No Puppies! If your pup is not trained and still chewing please leave at home
A pet fee of $50.00 will be added to your reservation and charged to the card on file, if not done at time of booking.
Dogs are not allowed on the furniture or beds.
Dogs must not be left alone in cabin unless restrained in a kennel (crate)
Dog must be leashed always while walking on the grounds of Southern Comfort Lakeside Cabin Resort.
Guest are responsible to clean up after their dogs.
Any pet related damage will be charged to credit card on file.
Dog owner assumes all risk and liability for their pet.
Please do not allow your dog to swim and then go into the cabin wet.
Please bring your own dog towels and blankets
Pet policy will be emailed once reservation has been made
Cyrus is our pup. Three of our cabins are pet friendly so you can bring your whole family with you.